Re: Buildbot

From: c.
Subject: Re: Buildbot
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:48:24 +0200

On 1 Sep 2016, at 16:26, Simone Deparis <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 01/09/16 16:15, John W. Eaton wrote:
>> On 09/01/2016 04:01 AM, c. wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know much about buildbot but it would be great if we could try
>>> to install this on the machine at EPFL.
>>> From what I can see here [1] buildbot is easily run on OSX, but I
>>> guess we'll need to enable web sharing, would
>>> that be feasible under EPFL rules?
>>
>> The system running the slave builder does not have to have a public IP
>> address.  The system I'm using for the current set of builds is on my
>> private 192.168.1.xxx network behind my router.  As I understand it, the
>> slave builders contact the master (public IP address/name
>> buildbot.octave.org) to set up the connection.  Then the master sends
>> the slave commands to run.
>
> That's simpler, since I do not have to ask for changing the firewall of EPFL.
>
>>> JWE, did you already enable your access to the development Mac at EPFL?
>>
>> No.
>
> As I said when I bought the MacMini, I need your public key, then I'll set up
> the user.
>
> Best
> Simone
>

>> jwe

Hi,

After some time I finally got a working build with El Capitan on mathicsepc32.
For those wha have access to that machine the working script is named
"script_octave_default_build.sh"
in my home.

"make check" returns

 PASS     14286
 FAIL        26
 XFAIL       42
 SKIPPED    511

I'll look into the test failures in more detail, but
I'd now like to set up mathicsepc32 as a buildbot slave.

I already went through the buildbot tutorial at
http://docs.buildbot.net/current/tutorial/index.html
Any pointers as to what I should do next?

c.