Re: Octave 4.2.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Octave 4.2.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 17:04:29 -0500

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 11:26 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
The second release candidate for Octave 4.2.0 is available from

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave

There may be some problems that need to be fixed so this version may not become the 4.2.0 release without some changes but I hope to not have more than one or two more release candidates before the 4.2.0 release is final.

Please try to build this version and report any problems you find in the bug tracker.  I've added a new version tag for the release candidate, so please use that when reporting problems.

In installer for Windows will be available from the same location once it is finished building and I've had a chance to test the installer and run the test suite.

jwe

​compiled and make test went OK, but dump_plot_demos_2 coredumps on ​
 hold_06.png
​.
This is on computer with a Galium/Nvidia card. I have not tried the others (yet).
The problem seems intermittent and i am wondering if this is a hardware issue
(heating?) with discrete graphics cards... ​

​Dmitri.