Re: fmincon for Octave

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: fmincon for Octave
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 09:12:50 +0200

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 07:51:59PM +0300, Avinoam Kalma wrote:
> What's the status of the implementation of fmincon for Octave?

In a GSoC project 2015, Asma Afzal introduced some compatibility
wrappers into the optim package. She also started working on fmincon,
wrapping nonlin_min, but didn't finish this one.

Some of us argue that it is better if the existing optimization
functions in Octave or optim can be called also with the corresponding
Matlab function names, even if this way of calling them reduces their
functionality. I've bowed to this opinion so far as to helping others
to implement compatibility wrappers for optim. But I'd hesitate to do
this implementation wholly myself.

Olaf