Re: Page Up and Page Down not working in GUI version of the pager

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Page Up and Page Down not working in GUI version of the pager
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 17:00:11 -0500

On 09/30/2016 02:53 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 12:59:51 -0500, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
For the pager in the GUI, the Home/End/arrows keys all work but the Page Up
and Page Down don't cause a window "back" and "forward", respectively.
E.g., try

x = ones(200,5)

Page Up and Page Down work in the CLI version of the pager.  Now, it could
be that this PAGEUP and PAGEDOWN is non-standard and something that the
Linux bundlers used, as I don't see these keys listed in the 'h' help when
inside the pager.  (There is every key, but those two.)

I miss those keys when in the GUI, though.  Is there a startup file for the
pager in which key meanings can be defined?

Confirm here, and appears to be a difference between Qt 4 and Qt 5.

When I build the latest with --with-qt=4, I get Page Up/Down passed
through to the terminal and less handles them. When I build with Qt 5,
the keys never make it to the terminal, probably being captured by a Qt
scroll widget or something (even though they do not scroll the command
window, Shift + Page Up/Down do).

I've created a bug report:

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?49234

Please copy/paste this observation to that report.

Thanks,

Dan