Re: Default merged to stable for upcoming 4.2 release

From: c.
Subject: Re: Default merged to stable for upcoming 4.2 release
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 16:47:00 +0200

On 4 Oct 2016, at 14:55, Schöps, Sebastian <address@hidden> wrote:

> I fully support this. Thanks! Let me know, if you need specific help with
> something.

If you and Jacopo could test odepkg with the current release candidates and
prepare a release of the package that would be great!
Marco, how long would it take to merge chiara's new solvers into odepkg?

> One comment: we should also discuss what to do with dassl and daspk and when.
> I think we agreed to move them to odepkg eventually (and possibly change
> dassl_options and daspk_options to odeset for better compatibility).

I don't remember this discussion, so I'm not sure how hard it is to do this
move ...

I suspect it might be hard to do because the DAE class they are based upon is
very
closely entagled with liboctave and it might take quite some work to turn it
into
a dynamic extension. But all this needs to be checked more carefully ...

Anyway I would definitely do this before at least Octave 4.6, an implicit solver
for descriptor systems is a very important feature and until ode15{s,i} are very
well tested I wouldn't remove the existing alternative from core ...

c.