Re: Octave Forge image package 2.6.0 released

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Octave Forge image package 2.6.0 released
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 16:49:56 +0100

On 5 October 2016 at 05:07, Marco Atzeri <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 05/10/2016 02:50, Carnë Draug wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone
>>
>> A new release of the Octave Forge image package [1] is out, version 2.6.0.
>>
>> This new version has been on the works for more than a year and adds
>> several new functions, more functions supporting ND images, better
>> performance, and increased Matlab compatibility.  A complete summary
>> of user-visible changes is available online [2].
>>
>> Special thanks to Hartmut Gimpel and Avinoam Kalma who have constantly
>> been contributing with new functions and bug fixes for this release.
>>
>> Carnë
>>
>> [1] http://octave.sourceforge.net/image/index.html
>> [2] http://octave.sourceforge.net/image/NEWS.html
>>

> Hi Carne,
> on cygwin with octave-4.0.1 I see some failures
> when running all tests with
>  __run_test_suite__ ({${testdir}}, {})
>
> 64bit
>   PASS      1001
>   FAIL         8
>   XFAIL       21
>
> 32bit
>   PASS       995
>   FAIL        15
>   XFAIL       20
>
> is it expected or not ?

Looks about right.  There's a lot of Matlab incompatibilities that have
been identified and I add tests for them even when there's no fix around.

I have 21 XFAIL and between 8-12 FAIL (some rounding error on random data).
The numbers you got on cygwin were a bit different from mine but I don't
remember the details (this was already true on the last release of the
package).