Re: Italian translation for the upcoming release of Octave 4.2

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Italian translation for the upcoming release of Octave 4.2
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 18:31:55 +0200

Am 06.10.2016 um 10:18 schrieb Eugenio Gianniti:
> On 06/10/2016 08:42, Marco Caliari wrote:
>> On Wed, 5 Oct 2016, Andreas Weber wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Eugenio and Massimiliano.
>>> As far as I can see both of you were involved in translating the Octave
>>> GUI for the 4.0 release. Are you interested in doing this also for the
>>> 4.2 release? As far as I can see there are 99 strings left which should
>>> be updated.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> --Andy
>>
>> Dear Andy, Massimiliano and Eugenio,
>>
>> I'm Italian, too. And two students of GSOC ans SOCIS are Italian, too.
>> May we help you?
>> Thanks,
>> Marco
>
> Dear all,
>
> I will be happy to help.
> I haven't contributed for a while: should I clone the development
> repository to create the patch or is there a release candidate to work on?

Dear Marco and Eugenio,
thank you for offering help. I've uploaded the latest it_IT.ts to

http://josoansi.de/files/it_IT.ts

You should use linguist-qt4 (or perhaps -qt5) to open the file and add
the translations. Many items are in the "unfinished" state so I guess
they need a review and should then be marked as finished (green check
symbol).

I don't know what would be the best way to split the work or if one of
you makes the translation and the other makes the review.

Thank you, Andy