Re: Re: Controling instrumnt using VISA from octave?

From: vini
Subject: Re: Re: Controling instrumnt using VISA from octave?
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 03:14:30 -0700 (PDT)

By saying free, you mean "free software" license?
NI\Keysight VISA are property software but are distributed for free

>> I looked at the wiki page of the instrument-control package, and it says
>> nothing about the integration of the instrument-control package with the
>> VISA protocol.
>>
>> Thanks for your help
>>
> Sorry, scanning quickly i noticed you mentioned usb and i saw the table
> of interfaces mention no usbtmc support for non linux systems. I do not
> know if anyone has a working visa interface assuming you could get past
> the communication channel issue.

There will be no VISA interface for instrument control as long there's no (working) free VISA library.

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Controling-instrumnt-using-VISA-from-octave-tp4680094p4680100.html
To unsubscribe from Controling instrumnt using VISA from octave?, click here.
NAML