Re: Aw: Re: Controling instrumnt using VISA from octave?

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: Aw: Re: Controling instrumnt using VISA from octave?
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 11:23:34 +0100

On 10/13/2016 10:45 AM, Stefan Mahr wrote:
I looked at the wiki page of the instrument-control package, and it says
>> nothing about the integration of the instrument-control package with the
>> VISA protocol.
>>
>> Thanks for your help
>>
> Sorry, scanning quickly i noticed you mentioned usb and i saw the table
> of interfaces mention no usbtmc support for non linux systems. I do not
> know if anyone has a working visa interface assuming you could get past
> the communication channel issue.
There will be no VISA interface for instrument control as long there's no (working) free VISA library.

This rule has not been applied in the past. Communication from Octave with
vendor instrumentation packages has been accepted practice, I believe.