Re: Moving ode changes to default branch

From: c.
Subject: Re: Moving ode changes to default branch
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 11:01:14 +0200

On 14 Oct 2016, at 21:21, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> It seems the release was not so imminent after all, so I'd be happy to go
> through
> the code one more time and clean it up before release if you'd like me to.

I posted a patch here

https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?9142

containg final improvements to the ode functions:

• Remove unused function known_option_names
• Use persistent variables, remove calls
  to odeset in odedefaults
• Fix indentation, whitespace and coding style
• Fix punctuation in docstrings for ode23, ode45

I did use persistent variables in odedefaults as you
suggested and this does improve the average performance
of the function when it is called repeatedly.

This does not have any impact on the performance of odeset
though as odeset does not call odedefaults, it was actually
the opposit but now I removed the use of odeset in odedefaults
which was not actually needed.

c.