Re: Need help for 'Improve logm, sqrtm, funm" project.

From: nvs232
Subject: Re: Need help for 'Improve logm, sqrtm, funm" project.
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 19:11:53 -0700 (PDT)

Marco Caliari-4 wrote
> a previous student, Mudit Sharma, started to work on this project some
> months ago. You can find his work here:
>
> https://github.com/RickOne16/matrix/
>
> There is a short history of his work here:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/2016-02/msg00121.html
>
> You could start by checking those codes, compare with expm.m, logm.m, and
> sqrtm.m in Octave and try to understand what is working, what not, and
> what can be improved.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marco

Thanks Marco for your reply, in the other post Mudit made it clear that the
project is still not finished. SO it feels a good point to start.
Also I saw the github repo and the article. But I did not see the code in
source code that I have. Is it accepted in octave core, or is it a future
thing?

Also Mudit on the other post mentioned that it need to be coneverted to it's
C++ versions. Should I start porting expm_new to it's C++ version, or I
should help from some other point?

Thanks
-NVS