Re: Starting with BIST testing.

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Starting with BIST testing.
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 11:06:58 -0700

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 06:40:48 -0700, NVS Abhilash wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to know can I write one or two BIST tests to start my contribution
> to Octave?
>
> I know that their has been sprints before for the same task in 2015. But I
> still see some 400 or so functions which still don't have any tests. Is the
> list old or can I take any function and write a BIST for that.

It sounds like you are looking at the list of functions on the wiki.
Have you built Octave from source and studied existing unit tests yet?

A good way to start with unit tests is to build Octave from source and
make the 'check' target. The fntests.log file will contain a list of all
function files that do not yet have tests.

--
mike