Re: Unable to install MPI on Octave

From: chechu
Subject: Re: Unable to install MPI on Octave
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 23:56:59 -0700 (PDT)

Good evening to everyone,

Maybe I'm not the best to help on Windows compilations, but I'll try.
Which version of OpenMPI are you trying to use? The OpenMPI pre-build
installer is configured to use the intel  C Compiler, maybe if you are using
the Cygwin with the Gnu C Compiler the error is happening because of that.
Support for OpenMPI on windows was depreciated, I don't know if that
openmpi_ext; that is from 2014; is going to work on 4.0.3 or even 4.2
octave.

I'll try with cygwin environment, if I am able to get to compile I'll get
back to you,
Hope it helps,

Chechugarriga