Re: Status of ode solvers in core

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Status of ode solvers in core
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 08:06:30 -0700

On 10/24/2016 06:46 AM, c. wrote:
> Rik,
>
> Below are the remaining "FIXME" in scripts/ode and the open bugs
> about ode solvers in the tracker.
>
> The FIXME's seem to be all requests for clarification and the open
> bugs are mostly about thinks that are been worked on but should
> be probably fixed in the default branch.
>
> So I would say this is a good time to move development on the default
> branch and release 4.2, what do you think?

Carlo,

Yes, I was going to propose this today as well.  One question, should
integrate_adaptive issue a warning when the Refine option is used?  Right
now the only indication that the option doesn't work is a FIXME note buried
in the code.  However, neither the documentation nor the code alert the
user that this option is unavailable.

--Rik