Re: Octave 4.2.0 rc3 on FTP alpha?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave 4.2.0 rc3 on FTP alpha?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 10:43:52 -0400

On 10/31/2016 10:25 AM, c. wrote:

On 31 Oct 2016, at 15:20, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

I see two changesets that were pushed to the stable branch before the version
was bumped to 4.2.0-rc3 but  ended up on a different head.

I guess this new head should be merged away before creating a release candidate
tarball?

c.

Sorry, I see this was already done, I was looking at the state of the
repository from a few days ago because I had clicked on siko's link.

Yes, some other changes were made on stable before I pushed my changes for the release candidate. I merged rather than rebasing and going through the process of generating a new tarball, windows binary, testing, etc., etc.

Now if everyone would stop making changes on stable for a bit, maybe we could have an actual release. :-)