Re: Website update

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Website update
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 11:26:50 -0700

On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 02:18:01 -0700, siko1056 wrote:
> Another final version accessible without Javascript:
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/new/

I see that the Google font css is downloaded from googleapis.com even if
I have the "PT Sans" font locally installed on my computer. Can we paste
the css rules for the font substitution directly into either app.css or
a new css file hosted on gnu.org?

We had this discussion with the css changes to the user manual back in
June and fixed the font declarations so they are all done locally and
will prefer locally installed fonts to downloading any external
resources.

I've also tested the site with w3m (text-only browser) and it's mostly
pretty good. The biggest failure there is the section about how to
install Octave on the main page and on the Download page. The different
platforms appear as a bulleted list, followed by four paragraphs about
each platform with no indication of which paragraph goes under which
heading.

--
mike