Re: Who owns github's GNU Octave account

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Who owns github's GNU Octave account
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 21:31:14 +0000

On 9 November 2016 at 20:46, Bernardo Sulzbach
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2016-11-09 10:05, Carnë Draug wrote:
>>

>> This account is not inactive, it just happens that all its activity and
>> members are private.  But it uses the name and logo of the project which
>> makes it look official.
>>

> Just being curious: how would you happen to know that?

I have already asked github about it.  They have a name squatting policy [1]
but it's not aplicabble here because it is active.

On 9 November 2016 at 20:30, siko1056 <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]
> There is a "report abuse" button, maybe we can make use of it, if no one
> claims ownership.

Already done.  I initially thought that someone created it and then
never used.  They have offered to relay a message to the owner, but
if it is being active, I thought to ask here first.

Carnë

[1] https://help.github.com/articles/name-squatting-policy/