Re: doc package in the gsl package

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: doc package in the gsl package
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 12:46:14 +0000

On 16 October 2016 at 18:34, Julien Bect <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There is a "./doc/" directory in the gsl package source tree, currently
> containing three files :
>
>  * mk_pdf_dvi
>  * mktexi_inc
>  * README
>
> They all go back to a commit by "rrogers" in 2008.
>
> From the README I gather that I should do "./mk_pdf_dvi gsl_sf" to generate
> some sort of documentation, but it currently fails because "mkdoc" is
> missing.
>
> I assume that this goes back to the old days of the monolithic release...
> ???
>
> Anyway, unless someone who understands how these files are supposed to be
> used speaks in the coming days, I am inclide to remove the entire "doc"
> directory...

Looking at those two scripts, I see they expect a program mkdoc on the
src/ directory.  Seems like it is my fault this broke, I left that file
behind when I converted to hg.

You can see still access the original repository with all the original
history, which had a lot of files in the gsl/doc directory [1].

Carnë

[1] http://hg.octave.org/forge/file/b9f4ede9342a/main/gsl/doc