Octave and GPU

From: Cuvelier Francois
Subject: Octave and GPU
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 09:13:36 +0100

Hi all,

I wrote a Matlab toolbox interfacing the CUDA/Thrust library without using the Parallel Computing Toolbox:
 See http://www.math.univ-paris13.fr/~cuvelier/software/mThrust.html

I would like to use/port it under Octave but the automatic desallocation of the vectors on the GPU does not work because (in classdef) delete destructor method is not called when clearing handle class (see http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?46497). The example given is
-----------------------
classdef myClass < handle
    methods
        function delete(obj)
        disp('delete was called');
        end
    end
end
-----------------------
The delete function is not call when using clear command

Do you plan to write the missing code in the function handle_delete in file libinterp/octave-value/ov-classdef.cc ?
--------- Acutally ---------
static octave_value_list
handle_delete (const octave_value_list& /* args */, int /* nargout */)
{
  octave_value_list retval;

  // FIXME: implement this

  return retval;
}

Thank you for all the work which you make
F. Cuvelier