Re: Octave's exit status

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: Octave's exit status
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 15:28:02 +0100

On Fri, Dec 09, 2016 at 03:08:27PM +0100, Olaf Till wrote:
> But if seeing Octave as a scripting language, I'd agree that it should
> return non-zero if a command goes wrong.

To be more precise, and after looking at the way bash behaves, I'd say
if the last executed command gave an error Octave should return
non-zero. An exception should be 'quit()' and 'exit()', of course,
setting the exit status if called with an argument. If 'quit()' or
'exit()' are called without an argument, they should not influence the
exit status, i.e. they should not be regarded as the last executed
command in this case.

Olaf