Re: Failures from __ode15__ in 'make check'

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Failures from __ode15__ in 'make check'
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 15:41:13 -0500

On 12/17/2016 04:12 PM, Rik wrote:
On 12/17/2016 12:58 AM, Carlo De Falco wrote:
On 16 Dec 2016, at 22:06, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:

12/16/16

Carlo,

I'm getting 50+ failures from __ode15__.cc when running 'make check'.  They
are all of this type

***** test  # Mass option as matrix
opt = odeset ("Mass", eye (2,2), "MStateDependence", "none");
sol = ode15s (@fpol, [0 2], [2 0], opt);
assert ([sol.x(end), sol.y(end,:)], [2, fref], 3e-3);
!!!!! test failed
__ode15__: support for sundials_ida, sundials_nvecserial was unavailable or
disabled when Octave was built

It appears that a common declaration, like HAVE_SUNDIALS, needs to be
declared by configure so that  these tests are only run when there is
support for them.  The correstponding tests can then begin with

%!testif HAVE_SUNDIALS

--Rik

Rik,

Thanks for the feedback.

There is already such a flag defined in the config files,
is there anything else that needs to be done or can I just
add %!testif HAVE_SUNDIALS ?

No, that's all there is to it.

I checked in a changeset that fixes the %!test blocks.

I'm not sure what to do about the %!error blocks. Currently they pass because there is no text to match, but I suspect that at least some of them will start to fail if you add expected error messages because the actual error message may be different when Sundials is present vs when it is missing. We don't have an %!errorif block, and I'm not really excited by the idea of adding it.