Re: Octave Forge -- Looking for a new leader

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Octave Forge -- Looking for a new leader
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 15:31:38 +0100

Le 07/01/2017 à 11:17, Sebastian Schöps a écrit :
Oliver Heimlich wrote
> Would you say that we can achieve peer reviewed package content?  Or is it
> just about
> checking whether enough tests exist and pass?
I mean the opposite. Since we will not be able to do rigorous reviews (as
for octave itself), we should only do minimal effort, i.e., spend less time
on "leading" and shifting more responsibility to the individual packages
maintainers.
I don't think Carnë was doing anything beyond *formal* verifications.

And I would like to repeat what I (and Oliver, and perhaps others?) have said earlier : I don't think that handling releases is a job for the "OF leader" (assuming that the OF project actually needs *one* leader).  Or for any single person, actually.  I think that there should be a *team* of people with the appropriate permissions to handle releases.

It would be nice to reach an agreement (at least on this particular point) since there already several release tickets waiting to be handled [1].

@++
Julien

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases