Re: Savannah Status for patches which have been reviewed

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Savannah Status for patches which have been reviewed
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 10:13:20 -0500

On 01/18/2017 07:37 AM, PhilipNienhuis wrote:

Or is it so that "Ready for test" might mean "the fix has been pushed, just
verify & report back, please", while "Patch submitted" literally means
"patch uploaded to tracker"?

Yes, it's this distinction that they are supposed to indicate. They are not intended to mean the same thing.

Note that also on the patch tracker there are numerous patches waiting for
(testing &) final review. Some constitute real improvements for users but
are big and/or need extra attention (uitable, perhaps variable editor),
several others are rather lower level improvements that would be good to
apply (e.g., Java fixes).  To wait until we're stressed for an imminent new
stable release and then ignore them (again) would be an undue waste of
contributor resources, IMO.

There is no doubt that we could do better with patch review, editing, and acceptance/rejection.