Re: Old windows binaries on OF

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Re: Old windows binaries on OF
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 19:26:27 +0530

On Jan 23, 2017 7:40 PM, "Julien Bect" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It seems that a lot of people are still downloading old releases of Octave from the OF project FRS:

Hi,

I just wanted to give one reason why I would download octave 3.8 and older.
.
I was building a java app where I needed to call some octave function. And the library that I used uses some pipe mechanism which was either broken/not supported from 4.0 onwards. Hence I tried all the older versions and 3.8 worked best (which I think isn't even available officially anymore as I had to find it on some other website).
.
Regards,
Abhinav