Re: Anyone in Europe willing to host OctConf 2016 ?

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Anyone in Europe willing to host OctConf 2016 ?
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 16:55:30 +0100

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 3:29 PM, edmund ronald <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes, there may have been excessive discretion here ...
> Anyway, CERN in the spring sounds like a very nice idea. I hope we get to
> visit the sights :)
>
> Edmund
>

> On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:

>> > That has not been made public yet.  CERN has accepted to host the next
>> > OctConf.  However, we thought that this was too late in the year and
>> > many will already have made plans.  We think that moving OctConf to
>> > the spring of 2017 may be a better choice.
>> >

>> Why not asking? I have reserved the month waiting for the answer to this
>> issue.

Dear all,

It seems this thread has been going on outside of the mailing list.
Carnë informed today on IRC that "everything is booked[at CERN] for
the end of March but nothing else has been done".

It seems we need to move fast.

@Sebastian or @JordiGH: Would it be possible to get a checklist from
you, describing the organizational steps you took?
(or anybody else with experience in organizing OctConf or similar meeting)

I am a simple guy, I would be worried of getting access to food,
internet and then giving some guidelines on where to stay and how to
get to the venue. Maybe I am missing something important.

Thanks