Re: octave forge packages on a mac

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: octave forge packages on a mac
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 01:14:15 -0800 (PST)

Lazy_Tom wrote
> it has been a long time since you posted the link for the dmg of octave
> 4.2.
>
> At that time your dmg worked well but it was not possible to exit the
> program by standard exit (terminal kill -kill process needed). Is there
> any chance you have solved the problem?

Dear Marco,

sorry, there is no progress besides a bug report [1]. I am not proficient
with qt and it seems nobody else bothers. I am not sure if the bug is about
Mac and/or due to qt5.x. Currently, most people use the octave gui on
windows or linux with an ancient qt4.

If you are familiar with qt or gui programming or you know somebody...

Sebastian

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?50025