Re: intro

From: siko1056
Subject: Re: intro
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 12:23:38 -0800 (PST)

irene tenison wrote
> hello ,im irene . i have been using octave for about 6 months and so i
> would like to work with octave for GSoC 2017 and contribute to the
> community.Please do help me with getting started.

Hello Irene,

Great to hear from you. It's always good to have new contributors.

Please read carefully
http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas#Steps_Toward_a_Successful_Application
to find out what is expected from GSoC applicants.

What did you do the last six months with Octave? Maybe you want to improve
some features you worked with. Otherwise, there is a list of short projects
http://wiki.octave.org/Short_projects and suggested projects
http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas#Suggested_projects .

Please don't hesitate to ask for help here.

Sincerely,

Kai