Octave Conference 2017 at CERN, official announcement

From: Andrea Latina
Subject: Octave Conference 2017 at CERN, official announcement
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 18:44:15 +0100

Dear all,

today I got full approval for the OctConf official announcement below.

Please feel free to copy&paste it and forward it to all interested people in your university, institute, company.

Best,
Andrea

Octave Conference 2017 at CERN, March 20-22

Dear Colleagues, dear Octave users and developers,

We are happy to announce the upcoming Octave Conference 2017 to be held at CERN [1], near Geneva, Switzerland, from March 20th until March 22nd. Octave [2] is a fundamental tool of analysis and research for hundreds of CERN scientists and, like CERN, promotes values of openness, cooperation, diversity, quality and commitment.

The three-day event will be an opportunity for sharing experiences, planning the future of Octave and promoting its use among the CERN scientific community and beyond. There will two open sessions in the CERN Main Auditorium, on Monday and Tuesday, showcasing Octave and some interesting and successful Octave stories.

We are working out the details of the programme, and the call for contributions and abstract is still open. You are all invited to submit an abstract and present your experience with Octave at the conference.

We are hopeful that the key members of the Octave development team will make it, both from oversea and from Europe. You can find more updated information on the programme in the CERN's OctConf webpage [3] and in the Octave Wiki page [4].

Two social events have been foreseen:
* A unique visit to CERN [5]
* A Fondue [6] dinner down-town Geneva

Please visit the official page of the conference [3] to register your attendance. Early registrations are preferable to help us on the logistics side.
Please contact us with recommendations and if you have any further ideas, recommendations or particular wishes.

We look forward to seeing you at OctConf 2017.

The local conference coordinators,

    Andrea Latina
    John Evans
    Melissa Gaillard