Re: free octconf presentation slot?

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: free octconf presentation slot?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 12:42:13 +0100

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 09:19:24AM +0000, Carlo De Falco wrote:

> > On 28 Feb 2017, at 09:30, Olaf Till <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > can I still get an Octconf presentation slot for "Technical overview
> > of user code parallelization"?
> >
> > Parallelization is in a package, though the presentation would also
> > touch Octave and Matlab. I'd prefer Tuesday after lunch.
> >
> > Olaf
>
> Olaf,
>
> Actually parallelization is in TWO packages: parallel and mpi.

Please apologize. I usually take care to mention the mpi package, even
in the 'DESCRIPTION' file of the 'parallel' package. I just forgot
about it in this case.

> I could prepare a short talk about the current status and future
> plans for mpi to complement your talk if you like.

My talk was to be more on the different principles, and which of the
principles is used by Matlab and by Octave. I didn't want to describe
the usage details of the 'parallel' package. So if you talk about
'mpi', it would be rather a specialization than a complementing of my
talk.

I'd rather suggest that I mention 'mpi' also and put it into the
context of the description of the principles. If you want to make an
extra talk about 'mpi' afterwards, I'll have to add a specialization
to 'parallel' to my talk, which I didn't intend to do.

Olaf