Re: Octave Forge: Package groups and properties defined, RFC.

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Octave Forge: Package groups and properties defined, RFC.
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 00:30:46 +0100

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 8:35 PM, Olaf Till <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 08:01:18PM +0100, Julien Bect wrote:
>> >Ok with me.

>> >But what has the latter sentence to do with the original issue? A
>> >guaranty that previous releases will always be available? I think we
>> >are not in a position to give such a guaranty, since we are only a
>> >group of programmers, dependent on external infrastructure. And even
>> >the persons in our group may change. We can't give many guarantees...
>> >
>> >Can't we just remove the sentence without replacement?
>>

>> Yes we can (as far as I am concerned).
>
> Ok. (Sigh of relief... that issue with avoiding giving guarantees
> should have occured to me earlier.) Pushed a version with (hopefully)
> all the changes discussed so far online.
>
> Olaf
>
> --
> public key id EAFE0591, e.g. on x-hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net

Excellent job Olaf and Julien, thanks!

Is there a way of posting pull requests to the octave forge webpages?
I think we need to reduce the click-distance to the repositories
(currently list of repositories is 2 clicks away from Octave Forge
mainpage) and I wouldn't like to impose this on you, since I can
handle some html.
Ideally also I would like to see a link to the code repositories in
the packages page: [Details, Download, Development (or Source, or
Repository)] currently only the first two; and on the package
description page (probably a new entry in the DESCRIPTION file,
"Code-Repository", "Code-Url" or something like that).

Cheers