Re: GSOC 2017 Idea Using Python within Octave

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Re: GSOC 2017 Idea Using Python within Octave
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 13:02:33 +0530

On Mar 12, 2017 3:21 AM, "KOUSTAV DAS" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Everyone
>
> I am Koustav Das a Computer Science Student at Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar. During my last two years I have worked on both Octave and Python.
> I am looking forward to take part in GSOC 2017 and I'm interested to work on the idea - Using Python in Octave.
> But I have got some doubts regarding this Pytave project. I guess the Pytave allows us to use Octave functions within Python.
> So what is the main aim of the project ?
> Is it to have some library so that we can use Python within Octave.
> Or
> Is it to integrate Pytave seamlessly so that we can use Octave within Python better.
>
> Thanks
> Yours Faithfully
> KOUSTAV DAS
>

>   Sent with Mailtrack

Hi,
Pytave was originally meant to do both. But now the development is only focussed on using python from octave.
The project is focused on improving the library to allow better communication between python and octave.
Currently it has boost.python dependency which is also to be removed by python c api calls..
.
Regards,
Abhinav