Re: package maintainers please choose a package group

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: package maintainers please choose a package group
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 10:00:23 +0100

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 07:58:38AM +0000, Carlo De Falco wrote:
> I am happy with other requirements but, as long as I am listed
> as the maintainer, I unfortunately cannot accept the "pushing without
> asking" part. Any chance you may be changing this rule?

Maybe, but do you have an alternative suggestion? The one real need
for this that I currently see is: sometimes package fixes may be
provided by Octave, typically JWE, to make them work with a basic
change in Octave. Previously, such fixes were just applied. To ask
first, and to wait for all responses, is an additional maintenance
effort.

Consider that the maintainer isn't required to accept such a
patch. He/she can revert or change it. So this is actually not
principally different from the general requirements that the
maintainer should cooperate and should handle submitted patches.

Olaf