Re: Someone stripped mpi repository?

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: Someone stripped mpi repository?
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 16:00:46 +0000

> On 16 Mar 2017, at 14:50, Olaf Till <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> It probably can't be reliably proven who did it. But I consider it a
> serious issue, even if the changesets should have been removed by the
> same person who generated them.

Why so?

Most other online code management systems like e.g. bitbucket
offer this feature to all users, the OF interface is just a bit more
convoluted.

> It should also be decided what to do with these 4 changesets now,
> restore them or leave the central repository as it is now. I would say
> we discard the changesets if Carlo wants to have it so.

I'm soon setting up a new repo for MPI elsewhere you are free to mirror
the changes from there if you like, but for the moment I'd say the repository
is in a more clean state as it is now without the latest commits that were
very experimental and also created an unwanted extra branch.

The new OF MPI maintainer may also want to make a last release of the
package using the current mercurial tip to fix compatibility wit 4.2.

c.