Re: Project Infrastructure

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: Project Infrastructure
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 20:10:00 +0200

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 12:14:11PM -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
> Could someone fill in more details about Octave Forge?

Done.

> As a related issue, maybe this would also be a good time to think about
> merging the Octave Forge site with the Octave web site?  Would that help
> users?  Would it be any easier to manage if we did this?

Surely dreamhost doesn't provide multiple hg and git repositories,
repository access regulations, and release trackers?

So, since the repository and release infrastructure would have to
remain on sourceforge anyway(?), I currently don't see an advantage in
moving the website to dreamhost. It's just another commercial hosting
provider, with probably a different specific set of flaws. It would
only be a physical (on hard disk) vicinity to Octave, apart from maybe
a name change of the website to something without 'sourceforge' in it.

Maybe I see it wrong.

Olaf