Re: GSOC 2017 Idea Improve logm, sqrtm, funm

From: Mithil
Subject: Re: GSOC 2017 Idea Improve logm, sqrtm, funm
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 01:47:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hello

Thanks for your reply. This is what I inferred from your response: There are
some slow areas in m file scripts which could be used as a subfunction at
different places and we'd like it to convert it to C++ function as given in
current octave implementation ( like sqrtm.cc ).

Lastly, would you mind stating other functions we'd like to implement and
also few other questions which I posted?

Here's what I feel should be included:

1) exponential
2) logarithm
3) square root
4) sine
5) cosine
6) lambert W function
6) sign
7) nth root

*These have been discussed here  Nick Higham
<http://www.maths.manchester.ac.uk/%7Ehigham/papers/matrix-functions.php>
quite extensively.