Re: Integrating Pytave and Nnet

From: enricobertino
Subject: Re: Integrating Pytave and Nnet
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 09:15:21 -0700 (PDT)

Mike Miller-4 wrote
> I'd be happy for you to debug this and fix anything that you think needs
> fixing in the way that the Python interface interacts with TensorFlow.
> It could be something with the way the TensorFlow modules import
> themselves that we are not handling yet.
>
> If it's something like nested namespaces, then there may yet be some
> work that needs to be done to handle different ways of specifying
> modules and namespaces in Python. I remember running into some
> difficulty with Matplotlib, for example, but I was able to work around
> it and get it to work.
>
> --
> mike

Thank you for your answer. Analyzing if there are nested namespaces, I
discovered that if I import Pandas before Tensorflow doing simply

 py.__import__("pandas")
 py.__import__("tensorflow")

it works! It is very weird because normally Tensorflow does not require the
import of Pandas and it should work independently. By any chance, do you
have an idea about what could be the problem? In which part of Pytave should
I start to look?

Thank you again,
Enrico