Re: io.tst failures with lto

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: io.tst failures with lto
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:11:04 -0500

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 2:54 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 04/23/2017 02:50 AM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
​using h5dump utility I see with the file saved with lto binary that all
integers datatypes are no set to
H5T_STD_I16LE

Thanks for looking at this.

I guess I would start by examining how "value" is written and whether the DATATYPE tag is correct at the time the HDF5 function that writes it is called.

Also, it might help use the code from Octave to create a stand-alone program that writes this same data and see whether that also shows the problem.  At least that might be easier to debug.  If that doesn't show the problem, then maybe we are calling HDF5 functions incorrectly?

jwe

​I noticed that we are not linking to hdf5_cpp (C++ interface to hdf5 library); perhaps this is why we needed all this
trickery with extern "C" and ​coct-hdf5-types.c ?

I tried sample programs from HDF5 webpage and could not reproduce the problem.

Dmitri.