Re: GSoC2017: Special Functions

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: GSoC2017: Special Functions
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 19:19:04 +0100

On 8 May 2017 at 15:00, Michele <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]
> At the link [1] you can find my blog (which is for now empty), while at [2]
> you can find my bitbucket repository.

I have added your blog to planet octave [3].

> Now I would like to ask you a question on how to organize my repository:
> since my work will consist in different patches (one for function), I think
> that the better way to proceed is to create a new bookmark for each
> function, but maybe you think it would be better if I use a single bookmark
> which will contain all my work. Please let me know what you think.

If your project consists of multiple independent sub-projects, then
each should have its own development head, and each should have its
own bookmark.  This allows you and others to selectively test and
merge them, independent of the rest of the work.  Your proposed
approach sounds good.

Do beware about working on multiple projects at the same time.  It's
probably better to do one function at a time, and merged into core,
before moving on to the next.  The revision and merging into core will
be faster if it's done periodically and in small chunks, maybe by
different people, than if a core maintainer needs to review it all in
the end.

Carnë

[3] http://planet.octave.org/