Re: Building pytave on windows

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Re: Building pytave on windows
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 10:33:36 +0530

On May 10, 2017 9:41 PM, "Mike Miller" <address@hidden> wrote:

> That's libtool redirecting the actual objects into the .libs directory.
> I see Octave has its own workaround for building oct files with libtool
> and copying the resulting file, we can look at something like that.
>
> Adding the .libs directory with addpath should also work, right?

Yes.

> > I ran the BIST tests and everything passed.
>
> Did you run the entire `make check` test suite? Have you tried running
> OctSymPy's test suite with `sympref ipc native`?

No. I tried runtests in pytave directory which passes. If I do make check then octave crashes. Also, I found that in octave-cli pytave is properly loaded and i can call py* functions without any problems.
But, if I run octave in gui mode then after doing addpath,  if I call ANY py* function, octave crashes!! There must be something that cli is doing better than gui!?
Does octave do any core dump in any file while crashing that I can check?

> This was built against the official Python binary from python.org,
> right?

Yes.

> --
> mike