Re: Building pytave on windows

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Re: Building pytave on windows
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 11:33:31 +0530

Yes, i called it on pytave,  pytave/@py and pytave/@pyobject all the folders. And everything passed or XFailed.

> > If I do make check then octave crashes.
>
> Is this running make from a shell from within Octave, or from an msys
> shell outside of Octave? I don't know why this would crash. Does calling
> `octave-cli --eval "runtests ."` also crash?

I ran make check from a shell within octave-cli as the same shell is used for building.
Calling octave-cli --eval doesn't crash.
I tried:
octave-cli.exe --eval "addpath 'D:/repos/pytave';  runtests 'D:/repos/pytave'; runtests 'D:/repos/pytave/@py';
runtests 'D:/repos/pytave/@pyobject' "
.
All the tests pass.
Also,  D drive is a partition in my hard drive, it is not removable or networked.
.
> > Also, I found that in octave-cli pytave is properly
> > loaded and i can call py* functions without any problems.
> > But, if I run octave in gui mode then after doing addpath,  if I call ANY
> > py* function, octave crashes!! There must be something that cli is doing
> > better than gui!?
>
> Fewer libraries loaded at the same time, single thread of execution,
> these are both better when testing something new.
>
> > Does octave do any core dump in any file while crashing that I can check?
>
> I don't remember if the Octave installer comes with gdb, but if it does
> you can run octave-cli with gdb and get a stack trace when a segfault or
> other fatal signal happens.
>
> --
> mike

I will try to do some more tests and report if I find the cause of crash for gui and make check.
.
Regards,
Abhinav