Re: Building pytave on windows

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Building pytave on windows
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 09:48:36 -0700

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 11:33:31 +0530, Abhinav Tripathi wrote:
> Yes, i called it on pytave,  pytave/@py and pytave/@pyobject all the
> folders. And everything passed or XFailed.

Great!

> I ran make check from a shell within octave-cli as the same shell is used
> for building.
> Calling octave-cli --eval doesn't crash.
> I tried:
> octave-cli.exe --eval "addpath 'D:/repos/pytave';  runtests
> 'D:/repos/pytave'; runtests 'D:/repos/pytave/@py';
> runtests 'D:/repos/pytave/@pyobject' "

Ok, can you try `make check OCTAVE=octave-cli`?

I wonder if calling `octave --no-gui-libs --no-window-system` is not
quite the same as calling `octave-cli` on Windows. Maybe it's trying to
run the octave-gui executable anyway.

> I will try to do some more tests and report if I find the cause of crash
> for gui and make check.

Great. Please keep reporting bugs on the issue tracker. I think we've
hit a few already that you could report, including the .libs directory
problem and the GUI crashing when any py function is called.

Have you tried OctSymPy with `sympref ipc native` yet?

--
mike