RE: Error compiling Octave-Windows package on Cygwin (Win10)

From: Atul Shrivastava
Subject: RE: Error compiling Octave-Windows package on Cygwin (Win10)
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 11:35:53 +0000

Thanks Marco.

I got the windows package to build and install after changing the long type to
int (since I'm on 64-bit platform). I also built and installed the io package -
rather than downloading from Cygwin. But now when I run load these two packages
and run it, I see the following errors:

octave:9> dd = xlsread('Book1.xlsx',1,[], 'COM');
Checking requested interface(s):
warning: xlsopen.m: file type not supported by COM
warning: called from
    xlsopen at line 338 column 7
    xlsread at line 197 column 11
warning: xlsread: some elements in list of return values are undefined
warning: called from
    xlsread at line 224 column 1
octave:10> dd = xlsread('Book1.xlsx',1,[], 'OCT');
Checking requested interface(s):
OCT*; (* = default interface)
file Book1.xlsx couldn't be unpacked. Is it the proper file format?
warning: __OCT_spsh_open__: some elements in list of return values are undefined
warning: called from
    __OCT_spsh_open__ at line 67 column 7
    xlsopen at line 318 column 30
    xlsread at line 197 column 11
warning: xlsopen.m: file type not supported by OCT
warning: called from
    xlsopen at line 338 column 7
    xlsread at line 197 column 11
warning: xlsread: some elements in list of return values are undefined
warning: called from
    xlsread at line 224 column 1
octave:11>

Would you be able to advise how I can read/write Excel (xlsx, xlsm) data in
Octave? I through the 'OCT' method would work.

Rgds,
Ash