Re: links to package repository pages

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: links to package repository pages
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 14:45:43 +0200

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 11:58:15AM +0100, Olaf Till wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 12:30:46AM +0100, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
> > Ideally also I would like to see a link to the code repositories in
> > the packages page: [Details, Download, Development (or Source, or
> > Repository)] currently only the first two;
>
> Done. Doesn't look nice, since I'm unfamiliar with CSS. Maybe someone
> can polish the look. The link should be moved a bit to the right.
>
> > and on the package description page
>
> I think it's a misconcept that the package description page contains
> links to the site where the package is hosted.

To come back to this: generate_html (last revision, not yet in a
release) now inserts the repository link into the packages index page,
too. With the "octave-forge" mode defaults, all inserted links to
package repositories or releases are now indirect, to avoid hardcoding
the hosting vendor in the package pages. This has the side effect that
the links to package code will only work if the page is accessed via a
web server in the context of the website.

Olaf