Re: Automake 1.14

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Automake 1.14
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 07:09:49 -0700

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 09:30:39 -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
> I'd like to start using the %reldir% feature that was introduced in Automake
> 1.14, released in 2013.
>
> Are there any active maintainers who for some reason don't already have, or
> can't update to at least this version of automake?  If so, please let me
> know why/how this change would cause trouble for you.
>
> This will only affect people who are building from the hg archive. Building
> from a tarball does not require automake.

I was thinking about this recently, seems like it's time. I regularly
build on stable systems that all have Automake 1.14, so that should be
fine.

By the way, Automake 1.14 requires Autoconf 2.65, so we could bump our
AC_PREREQ at the same time. Maybe some legacy macros we could drop or
some new features we could use.

--
mike