Re: RPM based distribution support from Octave Forge

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: RPM based distribution support from Octave Forge
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 09:28:47 -0700

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 11:52:12 +0200, Enrico Brambilla wrote:
> Dear Octave Maintainers,
>
>   I've been using Octave in Fedora for several technical computation needs,
> but recently I had to adhere to my company's PC policies, and I'm using
> Enterprise Linux (Oracle flavour). Unfortunately EPEL does not provide any
> release of Octave Communications package, and I read that there may be plans
> for supporting RPM based distributions here:
> http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_GNU/Linux .
>
> Have you got any YUM repository I may use?
>
> Thanks for all your great work,

Hi, the idea mentioned in the wiki was to attract interested parties
such as yourself and raise funds for a team of developers to maintain a
repository of well-tested Octave packages for enterprise distributions.

That plan has not yet become reality. Are you interested in funding such
work? Is Oracle interested in funding such work?

--
mike