Re: octave-dev slow down

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: octave-dev slow down
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 11:21:21 -0500

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:

I have discussed this already, but this points out the need to have a set of performance benchmarks that could be run as part of regression testing.  The current BIST tests check that we haven't changed functionality when we add new code, but they don't disclose whether performance has been impaired.  Perhaps Dmitri's tests could begin to form the core of a performance test.

​With benchmarks one needs to track changes in the hardware and 3rd party libraries
(blas, fft). We have a "benchmark​" package (that tries to mimic matlab "bench")
 in octave-forge, but i use a slightly modified (mostly by increasing matrix size)
version of  the old SciViews Octave2 benchmark.

Dmitri.