Re: octave-dev slow down

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: octave-dev slow down
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 14:34:21 -0400

On 05/23/2017 12:19 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 05/23/2017 11:43 AM, Rik wrote:

As for the cause of this particular slowdown, I'm guessing that it might
be caused by not recognizing that a'*a can be passed directly to BLAS
for evaluation.

Yes, that's what it looks like.

I checked in the following changeset.

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/d2e300f7700c

Then I realized that this redefinition of the lhs and rhs methods for the tree_compound_binary_expression class would do the wrong thing in other cases where the intent was to have the compound_binary_expression object behave exactly like the binary_expression object, so I also checked in this change:

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/d2748870db4e