Re: Add images to Octave

From: Hartmut
Subject: Re: Add images to Octave
Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 01:29:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

It was me, bringing up this topic in connection with tests and demos for
newly contributed scripts to the image package.

Actually I already do have a bunch of image files available, where I double
checked the copyrights. I could also easily find more properly licensed
images if needed. My question regarding sample images in Octave  was more
about:
* do we want this at all? It takes up "disk" space... (We should probably
restrict ourselfs to a couple of files of <100k)
* should the images be in core or in the image package?
* in what folder should they go? (in order to be accessible for tests, in
order to be installed during the user installation)
* where shall we put the list with the copyright notes? (most images would
probably be cc-by oder cc-by-sa so we need to at least name the author and
the licence of those images.)