Coding style for the interval package

From: Joel Dahne
Subject: Coding style for the interval package
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 14:20:33 +0000

Hi Kai and Oliver,

I have started to modify some of the functions in the interval package
to support higher dimensions. While doing that I noted that some of the
coding style decisions for the interval package differs from the Octave
standard [1]. This includes for example using 4 spaces for indentation
and not indenting functions. It also keeps trailing white space on empty
lines.

I'm very reluctant to commit both changes in the coding style and
implementation changes at the same time so I think the best is to try
and follow the current coding style for the interval package. This
however means that I will have to reconfigure my editor, Emacs, to
comply with this style. Should I try to follow the coding style for new files
as well? And do you agree with me in not changing the
coding style at the moment? I will wait with committing anything until I
have worked this out.

[1] http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_style_guide