Wording about oct files

From: Robert Funnell
Subject: Wording about oct files
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 10:47:44 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

At the beginning of the page https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/v4.2.1/Getting-Started-with-Oct_002dFiles.html it says 'Oct-files are pieces of C++ code that have been compiled with the Octave API into a dynamically loadable object.'

When I first read this, I understood that the .oct file contains C++ code. After reading further, I understand that the .oct file contains the result of compiling the code, not the code itself, and that the code doesn't have to be C++ but can also be C or Fortran.

Would it not be better to say 'Oct files contain dynamically loadable objects that result from compiling C++, C or Fortran code with the Octave API'?

The second sentence says 'They take their name from the file which contains the object which has the extension .oct.' This might be a bit easier to read as 'They take their name from the file that contains the object, which has the extension .oct.' It might suffice to just say 'The file extension is .oct.'

- Robert